Saturday, November 7, 2009

A warm beach in November? We must not be in Oregon...

We have driven through North and South Carolina, Georgia and are now in Florida. As mentioned, we spent yesterday on a beach. In November. For those of you who aren't from Oregon, you should probably know that beaches in Oregon are cold all year round, especially so in the winter. The beach was quite enjoyable and a welcome change from the biting cold up north. Last night we parked and I slept in the car, as I'm not feeling too well. (Sickness comes as easily from each other as strangers.) Around 2 in the morning, a police officer informed me, not unkindly, that if I stayed where I was, someone might "mess with me" and he proceeded to direct me to Peter's Point, where it was okay to park. The funny thing is, where we parked, no one had bothered me up to that point. After I reached the parking place at Peter's Point, some people decided it was a good time (3AM) to come drink beers and play loud music. (They left their cans to my dismay.)
Regardless, I didn't sleep as well for the rest of the night, but I did get to see this:

And that made it a little worth it.

1 comment:

  1. maybe you should pick up those beer cans just in case something else breaks down..

    ReplyDelete