Monday, November 2, 2009

can i have it back?

today we mostly saw museums. we saw all kinds of neat stuff in them but im starting to get museumed out. now the funny part is that each building has their own silly policy about whats ok to bring in and whats not. the air and space museum x rayed your bag but didnt care a bit about what was in your pockets. today (but not yesterday) they found our butter knife for making sandwiches in my bag and wanted to take it from me like they do in airports... a butter knife - really? needless to say we left the museum, solved this problem and went back in. at the national archives they xrayed everything and didnt even flinch at the butter knife and my pocket knife but made me check my bag of food in the coat check place. at the Holocaust museum they noticed the butter knife but decided it was as harmless as it looked and let me take everything in. Thomas is still out geocashing or something i think.

2 comments:

  1. One of the profs at Multnomah the year I was there was an ancient document expert. He managed to get permission to look at originals in some museum in the UK. Once he got permission, the only rule was, "no ball point pens". I guess they didn't care about butter knives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that's interesting how different their rules are. A butter knife though?? And what's wrong with a bag of food?!

    ReplyDelete